S3 Lab is conducting over a dozen projects in nearly 400 schools and universities involving more than 135,000 students. All of these projects involve mobilizing and empowering social systems to support student achievement. This work is at varying stages of completion, so please keep checking and follow @Todd_Rogers_ on twitter for updates.
A sampling of projects we are working on:
- Reducing absences among at-risk K-12 students by providing parents with regular messages targeting specific attendance beliefs.
- Turning friends and family in college students’ social networks into “Study Supporters” by regularly empowering them to get more involved with updates about the students’ courses, upcoming deadlines, and campus resources.
- “Inviting the village” that surrounds K-12 students (e.g. grandparents, mentors, coaches, family friends) by empowering these supporters with actionable information they can use to encourage and support students (e.g., report cards, class schedules, attendance reports, etc.).
Gehlbach, H., Brinkworth, M. E., King, A. M., Hsu, L. M., McIntyre, J., & Rogers, T. (2016). Creating birds of similar feathers: Leveraging similarity to improve teacher-student relationships and academic achievement. Journal of Educational Psychology , 108 (3), 342-352.
Rogers, T., ten Brinke, L., & Carney, D.R. (2016). Unacquainted callers can predict which citizens will vote over and above citizens’ stated self-predictions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 113(23), 6449-6453.
Bergman, Peter and Lasky-Fink, Jessica and Rogers, Todd, Simplification and Defaults Affect Adoption and Impact of Technology, But Decision Makers Do Not Realize This (June 17, 2017). HKS Working Paper.
For other research by Professor Rogers, visit here.
View examples of the images the S3 Lab uses on mailers:
- Community Support
- Attendance Matters
- Attending School Every Day Can Improve Literacy
- Absences Matter
- Attending School Every Day Builds Strong Math Skills
- Attending School Every Day for Success
Please email us at email@example.com for the original images